This contract is between Carolina Blue Frenchies, hereinafter referred to as SELLER and _________________, hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
Address of Buyer: ________________________________________________________________
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a puppy born on ____________________________
Litter #: _________________
Sire: ___________________________________ Dam: ________________________________
For the sum of $_________________________
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of an appropriate high quality puppy/dog food given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision.
2) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and wormings will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his/her choice within 72 hours for a physical examination. Buyer must inform seller by phone or email the vet check results within 24 hours of the veterinary exam. If seller is contacted by phone a written statement is also requested from seller of the results and seller must receive written statement by mail within 5 days of phone call. Failure to do so in the time frame stated will result in cancellation of this agreement.
3) This Puppy Is Warranted For 1 Year Against Fatal and Life Altering Congenital Diseases: Includes kidney, heart, pancreas, spine and liver problems. Conditions must be of a severe life threatening nature. Puppy must show defect within one year of age. Seller must be notified of problem within two days of diagnosis. Buyer must have reports from two licensed veterinarians from two unassociated veterinary clinics, these reports must reach diagnosis and conclusion. Buyer must obtain all vet records and get them to seller within five days of first diagnosis. Buyers must return puppy to seller within ten days of report of first diagnosis. Seller will replace affected puppy with puppy of equal value within one year of the affected puppy's return. Affected puppy must be in good condition other than the specified problem. Buyer is responsible for ALL shipping cost, includes shipping affected puppy to seller as well as shipping replacement puppy back to buyer. No replacement will be given to buyer if affected puppy is euthanize without seller's permission. If puppy should die within the one year warranty, buyer is required to have an autopsy performed to determine cause of death. No replacement will be given if affected puppy dies and buyer does not perform an autopsy or autopsy does not show any congenital defect cause by genetics. If the report confirms it is congenitally genetic seller will replace the puppy within one year of the veterinary report. NO full or partial refunds will be given to buyer for affected puppy. Affected puppy is by REPLACEMENT ONLY, will be chosen by seller and may or may not be from the same parents as the original puppy.
Puppy is warranted against parvovirus and distemper for 48 hours upon receiving puppy. Buyer must have an ELISA test performed within 48 hours claiming either of these viruses.
This contract does NOT cover normal conditions of the breed such as: cherry eye, entropion or ectropion, loose hips or knees, allergies, soft palate issues, trachea issues, stenotic nares, inverted tails, skin allergies, fertility issues, parasitic, fungal or bacterial infection, respiratory infection, undescended testicles, uneven bites, localized demodex, etc. Coccidiosis or kennel cough is also not covered in this contract, both of which can be common in puppies. Coccidiosis is a parasite that is commonly found in puppies, kennel cough is self-limiting (like the common cold), full recovery is expected with medication or on its own and is not life threatening. A puppy that dies from anesthesia as a result of being put under for surgery etc. is not covered in this contract. putting a bulldog under requires a skilled and knowledgeable vet and all necessary precautions to be in place. Any physical problem which is or could be caused by accident, injury, neglect or poor diet is also not covered in this contract.
4) The Buyers agree not to use this animal for breeding and agree to have it spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian (usually 6 months to 1 year of age). This dog will be on limited AKC registration.
5) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Seller is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog in order for the Seller to locate this dog a new home. The dog will be returned with all AKC papers and medical records. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of this dog, the breeder/seller is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The Breeder/ Seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
6) The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The buyer agrees to keep the seller informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder/Seller with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health of our dogs for future generations.
7) Registration papers will either be given with the puppy or transferred to the Buyer immediately upon receipt from the AKC if they are still being processed. It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family. The preceding paragraphs contain conditions established to ensure the well being of the dog, but also to uphold and maintain the reputation of quality of Carolina Blue Frenchies. The Buyer’s agreements will continue for the dog’s life and the Seller will have the right to enforce the agreements.